Yields 2 Servings
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt and Pepper
2 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
1 red pepper, diced
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 cup quinoa
- Pound down the chicken to 3/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, lemon, cumin, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides, remove from pan and don’t worry if its not cooked all the way through.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add shallots and garlic to aroma. Pour in broth mixture and scrape any bits off the bottom of the pan. Let sauce reduce until about 2/3 cup remains.
- Cook quinoa as directed.
- When the sauce has reduced, remove from heat, add butter, and allow to melt. With the skillet off the flame, add the cream and stir to combine. Place skillet back on heat and add diced chicken and red pepper. Don’t let it come to a boil! Cook until chicken is done.
- Serve over quinoa and top with cilantro. Bon appétit!