Yields 2 servings
1/4 cup brown sugar (I horde brown sugar from the States as it’s not found here, otherwise I would make maple sugar from the syrup)
1/4 cup fish sauce
1 tablespoon tamarind mixed with 1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sriracha
7 oz rice noodles linguine width
1/2 cup pad thai sauce from above
2 eggs, beaten
2 cooked chicken breasts, thinly sliced
2 shallots, chopped
1/4 cup green onion, chopped finely
1 tablespoon minced garlic
6 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped finely
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan over low until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved bring to a quick boil and remove from heat.
- Over medium heat, add garlic and shallots to a large pan. When fragrant, add chicken and the sauce.
- Push everything over to one side and add eggs.
- When eggs are cooked incorporate with the rest of the ingredients in the pan.
- Cook rice noodles as directed. When done rinse with cold water, shake apart and add a little oil so they don’t stick.
- Add the green onions, noodles, and soy sauce to the pan.
- Top with peanuts. Bon appétit!
Note- Feel free to add additional vegetables like red bell pepper, bean sprouts, or onions as you wish.